We strongly encourage you to visit Sanctuary on foot, by bicycle or public transport. Enter the Miners’ Welfare Park via the Coventry Road entrance.
Information about cycle routes in Nuneaton and Bedworth
There are a number of public bus services which operate via Sanctuary:
- National Express Coventry – 20 service: Operates to/from Trinity St, Coventry and Nuneaton Bus Station and vice versa (31 minutes from Coventry to Bedworth)
- Stagecoach – 48C service: Operates a similar route to the 20, but links with the 48L service to/from Leicester (27 minutes from Coventry to Bedworth)
- Arriva – 78 service: Operates via University Hospital and Wood End, Coventry. The accompanying 79 has journeys to/from Keresley and Ash Green. The bus drops off and picks up on Mill St, Bedworth which is roughly a half mile walk (around 10 minutes) from the Miners’ Welfare Park
Bedworth train station is an 8-minute walk from Sanctuary.
There is a service from Coventry – Bedworth which leaves at 17 minutes past the hour, every hour. The journey takes 12 minutes.
Large numbers of people are expected to attend the Sanctuary burn on the evening of Saturday 28 May, and a number of restrictions for traffic access and parking will be in place for the safety of pedestrians.
The changes will directly affect residents who live beside the park, along the Coventry Road. We appreciate that this will mean some disruption, and would like to reassure you that we are working to keep this to a minimum. The changes to access and parking are listed below:
- Coventry Road will be closed from 19:00 to 23:00 on Saturday 28 May between the Rectory Drive junction south of Coventry Road to Rye Piece Ringway roundabout to the North.
- Access for local traffic only (with resident pass) at Rye Piece Ringway roundabout into Spitalfields and High Street. Road closed at Coventry Road between King Street and Park Road.
- Access to Coventry Road, Park Road and Springfield Close will be for residents / access only.
- Access along Rectory Drive will remain open.
- Pedestrian access remains unchanged.
Some parking restrictions will be in place within the streets named above, and Spitalfields car park will have restricted access for the duration of the event.